Lovely fellow blogger Fifeston has been kind enough to nominate little ole me for the Sunshine Blogger Award which so happens to be my first blog award ever so I pretty much squealed like a little girl when I received the notification. Thank you so much, Fifeston! You made my day!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers who inspire other bloggers in the big ole bloggosphere so I feel very touched to receive it. I set out to start this blog mostly as a way to kill some time while on sick leave from work but of course there was a part of me that really wanted to be able to reach out to other people going through problems in life like mine. I not only wanted other people in this sort of health diagnosis limbo to know that they are not alone even though it can be isolating out there when you can’t really put your name to a specific disease, but it was also a little bit selfish and I wanted to reassure myself that I in fact was not alone in this strange place in my life.
I am extremely humbled by the responses I have been getting to my blog posts in the short amount of time that I have been on Word Press and I couldn’t have picked a better place to share my sometimes serious, sometimes nonsensical thoughts.
With all that sappy crap out of the way, I will now share the rules for accepting the Sunshine Blogger Award and then nominate 10 peeps who I think deserve it (if they so choose to accept).
The rules for accepting the Sunshine Award:
1) Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
2) List 11 facts about YOU!
3) Nominate 10 other blogs to receive the award
4) Announce the nominations to the nominee
I’m all over the thanking part like honey on a ham, son! Thanks again, Fifeston!!
Okay. 11 facts about me. Get ready for this.
1) I will share a random fact I shared with Jen and Tonic yesterday on the twitter: my first love was Mitch Buchannon (David Hasselhoff’s character on Baywatch in case you live under a freakin’ rock).
2) I was obsessed with Days of our Lives as a child and always played a Days/Passions mash up with my barbie dolls.
3) The scariest movie ever made, in my opinion, is a comedy titled Ernest Scared Stupid.
4) My best friend in the entire world became my best friend moments after paying someone 5 dollars to beat me up in the school yard. What made her change her mind and accept me as a friend? She found out I also watch Days of our Lives and she was a fan too.
5) I did my Masters degree in Religious Studies. I am, among a few other focus areas, a Religion & Disney scholar.
6) I cannot watch the movie Waterboy because it makes me weep like a little baby.
7) I once had a hamster named Princess Teddy. I tried to bring her for walks using a leash made out of yarn.
8) I am allergic to kiwi.
9) I can play the song My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion on pretty much any instrument I’ve ever picked up even though I barely play instruments.
10) I did an undergraduate degree in military history.
11) I used to make fan music videos for Supernatural and One Tree Hill.
Okay, moment of truth! If you still want to read my blog after finding out I used to make One Tree Hill fan music videos using Window Movie Maker, I will now announce the blogs I nominate for the Sunshine Blogger Award:
Sips of Jen and Tonic
She Drives a Vegetable Car
Kiss Me Out of Desire
Miss Four Eyes
Hacker. Ninja. Hooker. Spy.
Abby Has Issues
Cupid or Cats
Collect your award here: